13.9.09

Candy

Yesterday I watched Philip Glass: A Portrait in Twelve Acts. I could listen to Philip Glass in a white cube for hours and be happy (and perhaps insane).



I discovered a new interest: Glass's third wife Candy Jernigan who created works of found objects in a kind of elegant scrapbook. (She doesn't even have her own Wikipedia page, but is rather redirected as a subset within Philip Glass. Girl Pow...er?)

I also rediscovered a past love of singing bowls. My last singing bowl was past onto a gift to a dear friend. I now find a desire to get another one.

I recommend all of the above mentioned subjects be checked out.

4 comments:

Ally said...

did you get my package?! i want a singing bowl! so pricey. ah im doing this while listning to powerpoint lecture. ugh school

Lauren Wynveen said...

i know! i hope by the next time i am in sandy d i can save enough to get one... :/ what was that store called again?

you know all the hot-spots. :)

Ally said...

what store? there are several places to get singing bowls including buddah4u. haha. im probably going to a retreat in santa cruz the weekend of the 16 oct, maybe i can see you? :-)

Lauren Wynveen said...

Yes! Rachel and Wendy are driving up at that weekend! It could be a very odd reunion... or if you are looking for a ride this could be a road trip you'd never forget. HAHA.